MCM Birmingham Comic Con, the West Midland’s largest pop culture event, is gearing up for its return to The NEC from 24-25 November 2018.
35,000 fans are expected to descend on The NEC as Birmingham takes its turn to host the global Comic Con phenomenon. The action-packed celebration of pop culture will feature new, explosive and interactive content, talks and panels, exclusive screenings and opportunities to meet the stars and creators of the biggest films, video games, comics and TV shows in history.
The weekend guest line-up includes:
- David Morrissey (The Walking Dead, Doctor Who)
- Jason O’Mara (The Man in the High Castle)
- Mary McDonnell (Battlestar Galactica, Donnie Darko)
- Chai Hansen (Shadowhunters, The 100)
- Roger Ashton-Griffiths (Game of Thrones)
- Michael Pennington (Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Father Ted)
- Julian Glover (Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Indiana Jones)
- And many more to be announced…!
Many fans will take the opportunity to attend in cosplay, donning colourful and realistic costumes of their comic, gaming and film heroes – and, for the first time, the UK Championship of Cosplay Finals come to Birmingham, where a winner will be crowned from the regional winners from qualifiers held in Manchester, Glasgow, London and Birmingham.
Additional event highlights taking place over the weekend include:
- Fun for all the family with the MCM KidZone including pop culture inspired face-painting and an extensive Reading Corner – plus fantastic ‘Kids Go Free’ family offer, for up to two children with every paying adult ticket (age restrictions apply*)
- Join a Splat-tastic celebration as Nintendo UK presents the Splatoon 2 UK Championship 2018 Grand Final at MCM Birmingham Comic Con – including a very special guest appearance by Splatoon 2 Producer Hisashi Nogami, as well as The Splatoon UK Championship 2018 Cosplay Contest – the search for the sharpest dressed Splatoon fans in the UK!
- Fans can watch and learn from some of the best cosplayers in panels and workshops in the CommunityZone, play the latest games and check out major brands on the show floor, and compete in or watch the UK Championships of Cosplay finals
- Comic Village – Speak to the biggest and best comic creators who’ll be exhibiting to celebrate what they love
As well as meeting guests and checking out the latest art from comic artists, fans can get interactive with some amazing activations and exclusive products on the show floor, from major exhibitors including Nintendo, Build-A-Bear, Coca-Cola and GAME.
From official merchandise from the biggest brands, to bespoke or collectible products, MCM Birmingham Comic Con is also the perfect opportunity to stock up on presents for family, movie fans, gamers and collectors.
Laura McCrum, National Event Manager for MCM Comic Con, said: “We are thrilled to be returning to the West Midlands to host this iconic event. We look forward to welcoming fans, cosplayers and families from around the globe to experience everything Comic Con has to offer – and with the UK Championship of Cosplay finals taking centre stage this year, this will certainly be an event not to be missed!”
*Families are welcomed to the event with fantastic ‘Kids Go Free’ offer:
- Children of 5 years old or under enter for FREE with a Priority Entry ticket holder
- Children of age 10 or under also enter free with a General Entry ticket holder
- Offer is restricted to a maximum of two children per paying adult
For more information and to purchase day tickets, please visit www.mcmcomiccon.com.
Additional details about MCM Comic Con events, guests and sponsors will be announced in the coming week.